Protecting client information and ensuring all their data is secure and safe is at the forefront for IIFL. To strengthen the process of transactions we have added an additional layer of security in partnership with the Central Depository Services (CDSL) and National Securities Depositories Ltd (NSDL). Under this new process, when a sell transaction takes place on your demat account you will have to give an OTP and one-time authorization using the T-PIN/MPIN sent by CDSL/NSDL to your registered mobile number and email ensuring safe handling of stocks. The T-PIN/MPIN is permanent whereas the authorization is valid till your settlement date.
Note: Currently this feature is available on our TT web platform and will be implemented on IIFL Markets app soon.
For example, if you are trying to sell a stock part of your portfolio you will have to give a sell authorization.
By clicking on ‘Authorize Now’ you will be re-directed to the CDSL or NSDL website where you will have to insert your T-PIN/MPIN that will be sent to your registered mobile no. and email address.
After successfully entering the correct PIN your request will be accepted by IIFL and you can then manually place a sell order.
Step-By-Step Process For CDSL:
Here you will find the step by step process of how you have to authenticate your sell transaction via the new CDSL T-PIN process:
1. Login to your TTweb portal and go to your holdings.
2. Select the scrip which you want to transfer from your DP holdings to IIFL holdings.
3. After confirming an order, you will have to authorize the same. A pop-up will appear on the screen highlighted in the image below. You can also square off the stocks through Non-POA holding under the ‘holdings’ section, by selecting the stocks you want to sell and authorizing the same via the T-PIN procedure.
4. Once you click on the ‘Authorize Now’ option you will be redirected to the CDSL web page where you will have to insert the T-PIN.
5. Once you enter the T-PIN, you will be required to input the OTP received on your registered email id or phone number.
6. Once you verify the details and click on Submit, you will receive a pop up message as shown in the below image:
7. Once you have inserted your T-PIN and are authorized you will have to manually place a sell order. Moreover, the stocks selected will move from Non-POA holdings to IIFL holdings.
Note: You can simply sell the stocks from IIFL Holdings or through the watchlist using the traditional sell method.
CDSL has recently sent you a T-PIN on your registered mobile no. and email. If you have not received or have missed their message and email you can simply generate a new T-PIN by replicating the following steps. While placing a sell order with IIFL you will be asked to authorize your T-PIN, during the authorization process if you click on the ‘Forgot CDSL Pin’ option a message and email with your new T-PIN will be sent out. All you have to do is insert the new T-PIN to authorize your sell transaction.
To know about e-DIS process and Sell Authorization from NSDL demat account, please click here
Hurry up and click here to open an account with India's best trading app!
Disclaimer: Images are for reference purposes only.